First Time Appointment Checklist
1. Do your research. Bring a picture of your ideal color and haircut
2. Be yourself. Dress in your normal style for the appointment, so I can see your image, making it easier for me to find a look that suits you.
3. Know your face. Many people think they have round faces when they don’t. There is a simple test you can do at home. Look in a misty mirror and draw around your face in the steam.
4. Ask questions. If I suggest a style you think you might like, make sure you are aware of any maintenance involved. Don’t go for a high-maintenance cut if you are a ‘wash and go’ girl or you’ll never get your hair to look the way you want.
5. Color. For low-maintenance color, opt for one with minimal roots like Balayage or Babylights so that when it grows, the regrowth won’t be so obvious.
6. Maintenance. Invest in the right shampoo and conditioner for your type of hair. I’d be happy to suggest products.
7. Help me out! Don’t wear a polo neck or huge earrings as they can get in the way. Answer questions truthfully and listen to any suggestions.
8. Be honest. If you don’t like your new look say so. I want loyal clients and will be happy to work with you to make sure you’re satisfied!
Portions excerpted from Hair – UK’s biggest selling Hair Magazine.